A blog about our family's quest to clean up our diet and improve our health.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Adventures in Shopping



Shopping takes a lot longer when you have to read every label to see if they snuck artificial food coloring in your instant oatmeal or tooth paste (two surprising offenders at our house). Fortunately, someone gave me the tip of going to Trader Joe’s. I've only been there once or twice before, but I decided to check it out.  Well, not only are they pretty reasonably priced, but every single item in the store is DYE FREE. And most are organic, too. Score. 

I was really worried about how this diet would restrict Ty. It's not like I can explain to an almost-three-year-old that he can't have M&Ms because their color is bad for him. But Trader Joe's carries everything from fruits and veggies, to organic candy and cookies! Most importantly, they have dye-free mac n cheese – Ty’s very favorite food. Check back later for a taste comparison between Trader Joe's mac n cheese and Auntie Anne's.

Tip for parents: if you go to Trader Joe's, make sure to check out the dark chocolate almond toffee. OMG! 

P.S: Today is Day #1 of the new diet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment